|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
|* 7 Sep: Anthony: CovidWordPlay|
GOMER Fun Page
This page was prompted by some emails from one of our members, AnthonyEdwards. Anthony sent several emails with comic intent - but met with stony silence from GOMERs. When he suggested several reasons for this silence, a flurry of response were received. And so this page was born. Incidentally, an earlier version of this page was responsible for the page now called CovidCommunications!
15 May 2020: Anthony. The C-NILE Virus
16 May 2020: I liked this cartoon from news paper. Simon. SharkHunger.jpg
17 May 2020: I saw the shark one as well. I also liked the attached. Anthony. IslandIsolation.jpg
24 May 2020 Anthony: TotallyUnderwhelmed.
- 24 May 2020: ajh: G'day Anthony, Your first premise is wrong. I am dead ... ... tired.
- 24 May 2020: Colin: Anthony, I'll vote for No 3. Di, can't beat choc logic.
- 24 May 2020: JohnT: Hi Anthony and Fellow Gomers, Concerning Anthony's hurt at lack of supporting humour. I wish to add No 6 for my personal excuse. When I roll over hysterically with laughter, on my own, I am worried that I may be institutionalized. So Anthony, please do not remain despondent and instead look forward to the resumption of face to face communication and loud laughter. Your supportive Gomer member. John T.
- 24 May 2020: Anthony: So there is life out there!
24 May 2020: PeterS: KidsAndChurch
- 24 May 2020: Anthony: Wow! What a response! I am now completely overwhelmed!!! You’re not such a bad lot after all.
The Carry On
31 May 2020: Anthony: Husbands, watch out! KnittingKnoose.jpg
- 31 May 2020: JohnT: Just showed it to Sandy. BIG mistake. She immediately got her knitting needles out.
31 May 2020: Anthony: Well, John, you had better not show her this: GraveGardening.jpg
1 Jun 2020: Anthony (In an effort to dig himself out of the hole he has dug for himself): Despite some wives knitting and digging ominously-shaped holes in the ground, I am very fortunate with mine! PillowTalk.jpg
1 Jun 2020: Anthony: This is the video I mentioned this morning about the man who controlled everything indoors with voice commands. OpenDoor.mp4
9 Jun 2020: Anthony: Pilot Announcement
- 10 Jun 2020: Anthony: I am wondering whether an idea that my wife and I had a little while ago might be of help to anyone in these difficult times, particularly in view of the reports we hear of the burgeoning number of divorce applications and cases of domestic violence. We decided that it would be really good to have a romantic dinner once every week. So she goes on Tuesdays and I go on Thursdays!
11 Jun 2020: JohnT: Brand New Hat
- 11 Jun 2020: Anthony: Good one, John. It brings to mind the story of the Bishop of Peterborough and the Mayor who were bathing nude in the local river. They were in a sheltered stretch of water but were caught by surprise when a boat came round a bend in the river. They both grabbed their towels, the Mayor wrapped his around his waist but the Bishop threw his over his head. When the boat had passed on, the Mayor asked the Bishop why on earth he had covered his head and left his nether regions exposed to view. "Well", said the Bishop, "around town I am recognised by my face!"
22 Jun 2020: JohnS: ScottishBreathalyzer.jpg
1 Jul 2020: Anthony: ProtectValuables.jpg
7 Jul 2020: JohnT: QuestionsInIsolation
8 Jul 2020: BillN: EnvironmentalSolution.jpg
8 Jul 2020: JohnT: IncapacitatedByBoxers
18 Jul 2020: Anthony: SundaySchoolGems
19 Jul 2020: DavidM: Some more serious but interesting information of CoronaEpidemiology.
24 Jul 2020: JohnT: AlzheimersIndications
27 Jul 2020: JohnT: CBARetiredOfficers
29 Jul 2020: DavidM: This is an interesting web site with historical aerial photographs of the Monash area. Select the date from the popup in the top right corner, and overlay photo over map by the horizontal slider alongside. You will also want to click on "Pan the map" the middle of the row of icons in the top left corner. Have fun!
30 Jul 2020: JimR: RacoonCorona.jpg
1 Aug 2020: JohnT: CyclistsAndGdp
5 Aug 2020: RossM: OhTheLanguage
9 Aug 2020: Anthony: OhTheLanguage2
13 Aug: JohnT: PervertingTheLaw.mp4
7 Sep: Anthony: CovidWordPlay