Link to FinanceCommittee
Bus Operator Registration
- From 2019, the organisations from whom we hire buses for Leisuretime require a Bus Operator Registration number.
These are issued by Bus Safety Victoria. The application form is available.
- There seems to be some indecision within BSV over who should apply; the local congregation or Presbytery / Synod.
- Synod do not currently have an "unbrella" registration.
- The congregation is preferred, as the "contact person" on the form needs to be directly involved.
GWUC applied for a registration in 2019, for Leisuretime hiring, with CliffBaker as contact person. It was sent to <julien DOT Pezzino AT transportsafety DOT vic DOT gov DOT au>, after telephone conversations. BusOperatorRegistrationGWUC.pdf is the completed application.
- It included our ABN lookup as "proof of existence", and a letter appointing Cliff as contact person.
- The certificate was issued 26 Feb 2019 subject to the Section 22(6) of the bus safety act:
- Section 22(6) reads
(6) The registration of an operator to operate a bus service is subject to the following conditions— (a) the operator of the bus service must— (i) keep the certificate of registration issued by the Safety Director; and (ii) if the operator ceases to operate the bus service, return the certificate of registration to the Safety Director; (b) the operator of the bus service must, if the Safety Director requests, produce the certificate of registration to the Safety Director; (c) the operator of the bus service must notify the Safety Director if— (i) the nature of the bus service changes; (ii) the details specified in the application for registration change; (iii) the operator of the bus service ceases to operate the bus service; (d) any conditions imposed by the Safety Director under subsection (5A).
DavidMorgan Feb 2019.